Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

DecodeTimeStamp value is 0 after encoding

Andrey_T_
Beginner

The summary line pretty much sums it up. I'm trying to use sample_encode application from Media SDK 6 (with some additional code to add valid TimeStamp of input frames and to log TimeStamp and DecodeTimeStamp of output bitstream). I see that output TimeStamp is correct (and interleaved as expected) but DecodeTimeStamp is always zero. This is using Core i5-2520M CPU on a laptop with additional Nvidia NVS 4200M GPU; OS is Windows 8.1 64-bit; driver version is 9.17.10.3040 (latest from Dell; Intel Driver Update Utility doesn't suggest any newer drivers).

I guess this is because the reported Media SDK version is 1.4 and DecodeTimeStamp was introduced in 1.6 (same application works fine on i7 4790K, where is says version 1.15). Are there any newer drivers for this CPU/OS combination for me to try?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrey,

Unfortunately this feature is not supported in Gen2, updating driver wouldn't help. Media Server Studio supports 4th generation and above, and MediaSDK for Windows in INDE supports 3rd generation and above. Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrey,

Here you can find the drivers for your system: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/search?keyword=2nd+Generation+Intel%c2%ae+Core%e2%84%a2+Processors+with+Intel%c2%ae+HD+Graphics+3000%2f2000. The one specific for 64-bit Windows 8.1 is version 2.0 from last year, but you may also try the other two that are newer. It is always recommended to update drivers for bug fixes and features enhancement. Please let us know if this fix the issue. Thanks!

0 Kudos
Andrey_T_
Beginner

Thank you for the reply! Unfortunately latest driver (for Win 7/8 64-bit) doesn't help. I still see zeroes and Media SDK version 1.4. Seems that Media SDK components in this driver version are from y. 2013.

Also there is no actual driver for Win 8.1 x64 on the page you're pointed to. All "drivers" marked version 2.0 actually point to the same generic HTML page which points to Driver Update Utility and also points back to the list of drivers.

I guess as long as I use Gen2 processor, I'm stuck with old Media SDK version (thus making QuickSync encoding useless for me, at least for ffmpeg/h264_qsv)?

0 Kudos
Shaojuan_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Andrey,

Unfortunately this feature is not supported in Gen2, updating driver wouldn't help. Media Server Studio supports 4th generation and above, and MediaSDK for Windows in INDE supports 3rd generation and above. Thanks.

0 Kudos