Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Decoding MJPEG Hardware Acceleration

gy__ln
Beginner

I'm trying to decode Mjpeg by Intel Msdk.Now my cpu is Celeor J1800 and it works on my thin client.
I have two questions:
1. dose mjpeg hardware decoding must need 4th generation core and forward? celeor J1800 is bay trail, is it belong to 4th generation?

2.I use DXVA_CHECKER(one checking GPU ability's software)find that "Intel Hardware M-jpeg Decoder MFT" and it's GUID is"91CD2D6E-897B-4FA1-B0D7-51DC88010E0A",but I didn't find this GUID in MSDN forums, does it mean this mjpeg hw decoder ability is just provide by intel and I must use MSDK gain Hardware Acceleration ability even msdk also use d3d9 or d3d11, using DXVA2 +d3d9 is impossible?

Thank you everyone for your help.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

The processor in your machine should support MJPEG and you can use both MSDK and HMFT to access it.

For MSDK, you don't have to use GUID; for the HMFT access, please check Microsoft support site.

Mark

0 Kudos
gy__ln
Beginner

delete

0 Kudos
gy__ln
Beginner

Mark L. (Intel) wrote:

The processor in your machine should support MJPEG and you can use both MSDK and HMFT to access it.

For MSDK, you don't have to use GUID; for the HMFT access, please check Microsoft support site.

Mark

Thank you Mark. One thing confused me is the ID "91CD2D6E-897B-4FA1-B0D7-51DC88010E0A", I didn't find this id in Microsoft support site, so I deduce thid ID is defined by Intel, is it right ? If not, where defining this ID.

Second, if I use MSDK on my amd mechine, can I use MSDK software implementation for decodeing ? And dose msdk surpport Nvidia graphic hardware decoding ?

Best wishes,

ln

0 Kudos