Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

Deploying a Media Server Studio application to a Pentium based device

richel_v_
Beginner

Hi,

For the last weeks i've been trying to get media sdk applications running on a pentium J4205 device running Ubuntu 16.10.
As far as I understand media server studio only supports Core processors, but does this also mean that I can't run applications developed with 
media SDK on non-Core platforms? This seems weird to me, since the processor clearly supports quicksync, I can even access this through VAAPI and use for example FFMPEG to do hardware accelerated encoding.

So basically what it comes down to: Is there any way to develop media sdk applications that can be run on the Pentium J4205 device? Or can media SDK applications only be deployed to Core processors? That would be a shame since the hardware is clearly there and feels a bit like an artificial limitation.

Thanks in advance! 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
richel_v_
Beginner

I just read the following news: 

https://software.intel.com/en-us/blogs/2017/03/13/media-sdk-for-embedded-linux-launch

Any change I can get this working with the J4205 processor?

0 Kudos