Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Desktop Duplication Pointer on Windows 10

fourre__gwenael

I am using the latest DCH driver for UHD Graphics P630 and the Windows Desktop Duplication API (DXGI) on Windows 10.

When capturing the frames, it seems that the cursor is embedded in the captured frames, the normal behaviour would be to get the pointer info separate from the actual screen capture.

Is this related to the new type of drivers (DCH) not playing nice with Desktop Duplication? Is it a bug? Is there any way to NOT capture it inside the frames (making unnecessary screen updates when capturing the desktop and making a double pointer issue on remote desktop solutions).

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Gwenael,

This seems like Windows question, did you check the document from Microsoft?

If you switch to older driver and the problem is gone, this is probably the driver issue.

Most of the questions here are related to video codec and not to screen capture.

Mark

0 Kudos
fourre__gwenael

Given the fact that this is an Intel driver, where should i post this question instead of here?

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Gwenael,

We don't support driver, the only thing I can recommend is to check if there is a driver error, if you see the following post, there was an issue that we count in Win10 1903. In this case, the windows installation actually roll back the driver version.

Mark

0 Kudos