Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Details about the video conferencing mode algorithm of rate control

Kz_Liao
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to find some details about the MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM. All that given by the document of the Media SDK is just the name and a brief description. But I wanna know about the features of this algorithm and how it works in the real situation. So can any one help?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jnickerson
Beginner

I'd be interested in learning more about MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM, as well.

What's it optimize for? Is it configurable (and how)? Etc.

0 Kudos
Kz_Liao
Beginner

jnickerson wrote:

I'd be interested in learning more about MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM, as well.

What's it optimize for? Is it configurable (and how)? Etc.

The video conferencing rate control algorithm is not a standard rate control algorithm of H.264. So far, I get information from nowhere besides the intel media sdk document.

0 Kudos
Rūdolfs_B_
Beginner

I'm interested in this too, could anyone provide some more information? Simply setting the rate control mode to MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM fails with incompatible video parameter error code, so apparently some configuration must be done.

0 Kudos
Kz_Liao
Beginner

Rūdolfs B. wrote:

I'm interested in this too, could anyone provide some more information? Simply setting the rate control mode to MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM fails with incompatible video parameter error code, so apparently some configuration must be done.

I almost have had the same problem. The video conferencing sample runs well. But when comes to the DirectShow Filter Sample, I did the configuration as the same as the video conferencing sample does, but result in param not support? Anybody knows the constraint?

0 Kudos
Rūdolfs_B_
Beginner

Kz Liao wrote:

Quote:

Rūdolfs B. wrote:

I almost have had the same problem. The video conferencing sample runs well. But when comes to the DirectShow Filter Sample, I did the configuration as the same as the video conferencing sample does, but result in param not support? Anybody knows the constraint?

How is the video conferencing sample related to MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM? It uses MFX_RATECONTROL_VBR.

0 Kudos
Kz_Liao
Beginner

Rūdolfs B. wrote:

Quote:

Kz Liao wrote:

Quote:

Rūdolfs B. wrote:

How is the video conferencing sample related to MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM? It uses MFX_RATECONTROL_VBR.

Sorry for not made myself clear. The video conferencing sample really has nothing to do with MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM. I just did something else that succeed in the video conferencing sample but failed in the DirectShow sample. So weird.

0 Kudos