Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kz_Liao
Beginner
80 Views

Details about the video conferencing mode algorithm of rate control

Hi,

I'm trying to find some details about the MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM. All that given by the document of the Media SDK is just the name and a brief description. But I wanna know about the features of this algorithm and how it works in the real situation. So can any one help?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
jnickerson
Beginner
80 Views

I'd be interested in learning more about MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM, as well.

What's it optimize for? Is it configurable (and how)? Etc.

Kz_Liao
Beginner
80 Views

jnickerson wrote:

I'd be interested in learning more about MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM, as well.

What's it optimize for? Is it configurable (and how)? Etc.

The video conferencing rate control algorithm is not a standard rate control algorithm of H.264. So far, I get information from nowhere besides the intel media sdk document.

Rūdolfs_B_
Beginner
80 Views

I'm interested in this too, could anyone provide some more information? Simply setting the rate control mode to MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM fails with incompatible video parameter error code, so apparently some configuration must be done.

Kz_Liao
Beginner
80 Views

Rūdolfs B. wrote:

I'm interested in this too, could anyone provide some more information? Simply setting the rate control mode to MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM fails with incompatible video parameter error code, so apparently some configuration must be done.

I almost have had the same problem. The video conferencing sample runs well. But when comes to the DirectShow Filter Sample, I did the configuration as the same as the video conferencing sample does, but result in param not support? Anybody knows the constraint?

Rūdolfs_B_
Beginner
80 Views

Kz Liao wrote:

Quote:

Rūdolfs B. wrote:

I'm interested in this too, could anyone provide some more information? Simply setting the rate control mode to MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM fails with incompatible video parameter error code, so apparently some configuration must be done.

 

I almost have had the same problem. The video conferencing sample runs well. But when comes to the DirectShow Filter Sample, I did the configuration as the same as the video conferencing sample does, but result in param not support? Anybody knows the constraint?

How is the video conferencing sample related to MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM? It uses MFX_RATECONTROL_VBR.

Kz_Liao
Beginner
80 Views

Rūdolfs B. wrote:

Quote:

Kz Liao wrote:

Quote:

Rūdolfs B. wrote:

I'm interested in this too, could anyone provide some more information? Simply setting the rate control mode to MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM fails with incompatible video parameter error code, so apparently some configuration must be done.

 

I almost have had the same problem. The video conferencing sample runs well. But when comes to the DirectShow Filter Sample, I did the configuration as the same as the video conferencing sample does, but result in param not support? Anybody knows the constraint?

 

How is the video conferencing sample related to MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM? It uses MFX_RATECONTROL_VBR.

Sorry for not made myself clear. The video conferencing sample really has nothing to do with MFX_RATECONTROL_VCM. I just did something else that succeed in the video conferencing sample but failed in the DirectShow sample. So weird.

Reply