Hi Sumit - The Media Server Studio "suite" contains Media SDK inside it. The SDK between the MSS and Client are common, with the following differences:
- Client version of SDK only for Windows 7/8/8.1 and now Win 10.
- Server version supports Linux and Windows (mainly CentOS 7.1 on Linux and Win Server 2012 in addition to Win 7/8/8.1)
- Today, Client-SDK for SKL is released but MSS-SDK for SKL will only come out much later (since SKL client SKUs are available on market while SKL server SKUs are not yet).
- Client-SDK has plugins such as screen capture, while MSS-SDK has SW and GPU-accel plugins for HEVC.
- At a high level, you can consider Client-SDK as a subset of MSS-SDK (with the current diff being MSDK's support for SKL). And the segment being targeted by Client-SDK and MSS-SDK are different (former is client segment, latter is server segment).
MSS - https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio/try-buy
Client SDK - https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-client-solutions
having said that, what are you looking for in particular?
I am installing MediaServerStudioEssentials2015R6 on NUC 5PPYH(N3700) which has OS-CentOs-7.1. I was getting error while running tutorial samples.
I have posted my query here,
From the reply, it looks like MSDK is not supported for NUC-5PPYH(N3700). So i am looking for some variant of SDK which will be supported on Gen8LP and Gen9LP devices like Pentium N3700 and other Atom processors.
Is there any variant exist at present ? If so then from where i can get that. If no then by what time we can expect that.
Hi Sumit - On the platforms you described, Media SDK Client is the likely candidate but that means moving to Windows. If you are looking for Media support on Atom processors on Linux, drop me a line using "Send Author A Message" and we can talk offline.