Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ronald
Beginner

DirectShow Filter redistribution

Jump to solution

Hello,

We waqnt to use your H.264 encoder/decode filter in a commercial application. From the developers guide, I understand that redistribution of Directshow filters is not allowed. Am I correct? From the EULA, I understand that source code may be used for free. So, in order to redistributeDirectShow filters, is recompiling enough to create filters that can be redistributed?

Best regards,

Ronald

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Ronald,

Yes, it is ok to just recompile the source code to create your own binaries which can be redistributed.

Regards,
Petter

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Ronald,

Yes, it is ok to just recompile the source code to create your own binaries which can be redistributed.

Regards,
Petter

View solution in original post

Zach_J_1
Beginner

ruijs@rvc.nl wrote:

From the EULA, I understand that source code may be used for free. So, in order to redistributeDirectShow filters, is recompiling enough to create filters that can be redistributed?

I assume this user is using the DirectShow filter code that is distributed with the "sample_dshow_plugins" sample?  I am trying to recompile that solution using Visual Studio Professional 2012 and I am getting an error stating "unable to find streams.h".  Build output here

Thanks!

Zach

Petter_L_Intel
Employee

"streams.h" is part of Microsoft Windows SDK 7.1.

Regards,
Petter