Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Directshow : encode webcam video+sound in sync H264

qtnext
Beginner
Hi,
I am trying to record a webcam (video + sound) using directshow intel media SDK 2012 components :
Video capture -> intel H264 encoder ----> Intel Mp4 mux -> File Writer
Audio Capture -> intel AAC encoder ---->
The encoding works but it's out of sync : it seems that there is no resync regarding times it take to encode H264 frames .. I have tryed with a commercial sdk and there is a sync option in the mp4 muxer and I have not the same issue with the same webcam .. Is there anything i can do to use Intel directshow filters ?
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hello,

Could you please tell the version of Media SDK package you are using? Is it Media
SDK 2012 or Media SDK 2012 R2?

Thanks,
Nina
0 Kudos
qtnext
Beginner
It's Media SDK 2012 R2 download today
0 Kudos
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hi,

I had a guess that your problem may be connected with one known issue but apparently I was wrong because in R2 that issue was already fixed.

So, back to your problem. I must say that muxer filters from Media SDK pakage don't have specific options for synching A/V. They are provided as developer tools for basic testing and neither have product quality nor are intended for redistribution.

At your side you may check that video capture device sends MediaSamples with valid timestamps to MSDK encoder filter. Just debug the encoder filter receive method and check the input timestamp value. If they are ok, there's nothing you can actualy fix in encoder filter because it is designed to pass the timestamps through. And then it is likely our muxer limitation.

If you share your resulting streams of MSDK and 3rd party solution we could analyze them here. Please use ftp.intel.com\pub\incoming to upload those.

Regards,
Nina
0 Kudos