Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Display position of an encoded frame

kyviquel
Beginner

Hi,

I call a h264 compression with MFXVideoENCODE_EncodedFrameAsynch() with EncoderOrder set to 0 in the mfxInfoMFX. (so frames are sent in display order)

After a  MFXVideoENCODE_SyncOperation() the frames are received in encoded order. 

I would like to know the display order of the frame I received from the MFXVideoENCODE_SyncOperation(), where can I found this information? I don`t find this information into the mfxBitstream structure?

For exemple if I encode a I0 B1 B2 P3 B4 B5 P6 stream in display order, After a SyncOperation() I receive the I P B B P B B but I would like to know the display order associated to each frame : I0 P3 B1 B2 P6 B4 B5.

Thanks

Karine

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi Karine,

Using Media SDK 2012 R3 I recommend using "TimeStamp" as you method of determining how frames are reordered. This of course assumes that you do provide a unique timestamp to encoder for each frame.

For Media SDK 2013 you also have the option to use the new "DecodeTimeStamp" parameter to help determine the order.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos