Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Does Intel HD Graphics 4600 support Camera Pipeline plugin?

Rotem_C_
Beginner

I am trying to execute "sample_camera" project of Intel Media SDK RAW Media Accelerator Sample.

• Hardware platform: Core i7 4770 (HD Graphics 4600).
  • Operation system: Windows 7 x64.
  • Graphics driver: 15.36
  • Media SDK 2017 R1
  • According to Media System Analyzer, system supports hardware acceleration up to API version 1.19

Sample code downloaded from: https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/samples

When executing the code sample, it passes the line:

sts = m_mfxSession.Init(impl, &version)

The following line fails:

sts = MFXVideoUSER_Load(m_mfxSession, &m_UID_Camera, pParams->CameraPluginVersion);

Returned error code is:

MFX_ERR_NOT_FOUND                   = -9,   /* the specified object is not found */

I have tried to debug the SDK Dispatcher, and found the following solution:
I put 54542616243341e693ae899942ce7355 folder (with mfxplugin_camera_pipe64.dll) inside the folder samples\samples\_build\x64\Debug\
Hardware acceleration seems to work, but when gamma correction is enabled, process halts at:

sts = m_mfxSession.SyncOperation(syncpoints[asdepth], MSDK_VPP_WAIT_INTERVAL);

The readme-camera_windows.pdf states:

Software requirements: Intel® Iris™ graphics and HD Graphics Driver for Windows 7/8/8.1 version 15.33.22.(64.)3621 or higher.

But also states:

Hardware acceleration is available on platforms with: 4th Generation Intel® CoreTM processors.

Does Intel HD Graphics 4600 support Camera Pipeline plugin?

0 Kudos
0 Replies