Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Does Intel Media SDK support encode h264 by hardware accelerate in HD530 within 6th core i5 6400?

xiaojun_z_
Beginner

Hello, Everyone:

Thank you very much first;

Does Intel Media SDK(6.0.0.388) support encode h264 by hardware accelerate in HD530 within 6th core i5 6400?
    I didn't found hd graphics with 6th core can be supported, but I still want to make sure from you, thank you very much;

Processor Type: 6th i5 6400
Driver Version:10.18.15.4279
Operating System:win7 64bi
Media SDK System Analyzer: all OK
Quick Reproducer Code:
Concise Description of the Issue:
Priority: Medium   
Input File:
Tracer log(if required):

I have met a problem when using INTEL MEDIA SDK to encode h264:

It was VERY CORRECT when I encode h264 in HD Graphics with 4th Pentium G3420;

But when I encode h264 by using HD 530 with 6th i5 6400, the problem occurs: initialization of HW encoder is correct, and MFXVideoENCODE::EncodeFrameAsync return all OK(MFX_ERR_MORE_DATA/MFX_ERR_NONE); But the member "Locked" of mfxFrameSurface1 is always true that pass to INTEL MEDIA SDK by calling MFXVideoENCODE::EncodeFrameAsync; And I have pass 8 frames within mfxFrameSurface1, but all of it was been locked;

I used mediasdk_system_analyzer_32.exe to check the ablilityof hardware encode, the answer is all correct; And the OS is WIN7 64-bit

Does only one know this problem? It trobled me two days; Thank you again!!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Xiaojun,

Does Intel Media SDK(6.0.0.388) support encode h264 by hardware accelerate in HD530 within 6th core i5 6400? -> Yes Media SDK support hardware accelerated h264 encode on HD530 with 6th core i5 6400 processors (SKL). 

Please follow below steps and using following steps you can confirm H.264 HW encoding on SKL:

• Download mediasamples version 6.0.068.
  • Now run the command line "sample_encode h264 -i inputfile.yuv -o outputfile.264 -hw -d3d - w (width) -h (height)"

Let me know your results. 

Thanks, 

0 Kudos