Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Does intel media sdk support centOS7 or centOS8, which version does it support?

xunrou
Beginner

Does MediaSDK20 or MediaSDK19  support CentOS?

which version of centos?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @xunrou,

Thanks for reaching out. Based on the information provided here, under supported operating systems it lists CentOS* 7.5 (and Ubuntu*). Intel® Media SDK generally works on other Linux distributions but support is only provided for Linux Gold distributions.

The build instructions here also state the Intel® Media SDK build documentation was tested under clear CentOS 7.4 (with gcc-6.3.1 compiler) but it should work on another OS distributions with various versions of gcc and clang. Hope you find this information helpful, let us know if you have any additional questions.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
xunrou
Beginner

thanks for your help
When I install msdk19.4 in centos7.5

[root@localhost build]# vainfo
error: can't connect to X server!
error: failed to initialize display

0 Kudos
xunrou
Beginner

Which version of MediaSDK supports centOS7.5

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi @xunrou,

Thanks for sharing more information. I am able to see a similar error when running MediaSDK on CentOS 7.8.2003 (minimal ISO). Do you get any specific errors from running our samples (i.e. sample_encode or sample_decode)? Can you share more details about your environment (i.e. processor information, full or minimal CentOS version, etc.).

In the meantime let me test a full version of the OS and will get back to you, thank you.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
Colinlina
Beginner

Can anyone point me to instructions to share entire drives on the network, accessable by windows, Linux and Mac OS?

The only things I can find is how to make a single shared folder, or how to map drives from Windows computers.

I'm not concerned with security, just an easy way to browse and write to a shared drive over the network.

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Have you had a chance to take a look at your environment and share the additional details? I apologize for the delay in my response, just wanted to let you know I wasn't able to replicate the problem you are describing. Please let me know if you have those environment details to share and/or if you have any additional questions, thank you!

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos
Luis_at_Intel

Hi,

We are discontinuing monitoring this thread as we haven't heard back from you. If you need any additional information from Intel, please submit a new question.

Regards,

Luis

0 Kudos