Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Does media sdk currently support 32-bit Linux?

Darrell_H_
New Contributor I

Hi everybody!

I would like to know if there is any available version of the Intel media sdk that can be used on the 32-bit Linux platforms now.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Darrell_H_
New Contributor I

Sravanthi K. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Darrell - No, we do not have Linux 32-bit version of the SDK in Media Server Studio.

Hi Sravanthi,

then have you had any future development plan for the SDK on the 32-bit Linux platforms?

Thanks.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hi Darrell - No, we do not have Linux 32-bit version of the SDK in Media Server Studio.

0 Kudos
Darrell_H_
New Contributor I

Sravanthi K. (Intel) wrote:

Hi Sravanthi,

then have you had any future development plan for the SDK on the 32-bit Linux platforms?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Bob_Kirnum
Beginner

Will there be a 32 bit 'compatible' install?  The issue I am having is that the SDK install process requires and provides 64 bit versions of some libraries (i.e. libdrm) to resolve dependency issues.  However, we have other software which is 32 bit and also depends on the same library.  However, since there is no corresponding 32 bit version of the newer libraries installed with the SDK the system is in a bad state.

Thanks,
Bob

0 Kudos
Darrell_H_
New Contributor I

Bob Kirnum wrote:

Will there be a 32 bit 'compatible' install?  The issue I am having is that the SDK install process requires and provides 64 bit versions of some libraries (i.e. libdrm) to resolve dependency issues.  However, we have other software which is 32 bit and also depends on the same library.  However, since there is no corresponding 32 bit version of the newer libraries installed with the SDK the system is in a bad state.

Thanks,
Bob

Hi Bob,

so you mean there were 32-bit versions of the SDK that could run on 32-bit Linux before?

Thanks!

0 Kudos