Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Dynamic bitrate change issue

fei_y_
Beginner

I failed to use MFXVideoENCODE.reset to change the bitrate dynamically. I flushed the frames in buffer and used GetVideoParam to retrieve the parameter. After change the TargetKbps and reset, it returned code 5 with leaving bitrate unchanged. I used CBR ratecontrol. Any suggestion?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
fei_y_
Beginner

I have turned off hrd compliance.

0 Kudos
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

If Reset returned 5 (MFX_WRN_INCOMPATIBLE_VIDEO_PARAM), then you can call GetVideoParam after the Reset call to see what parameter had to be changed.  If nothing at all changed, than the new TargetKbps is not a usable value for the other parameters set (maybe too high for the profile/level?)

0 Kudos