Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_MORE_DATA(-10)

Qianying_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I'm trying to build MediaSDK in my system, but got following errors when run the sample code.

Test environment:

CPU:Intel® Core™ i7-6770HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz × 8

GPU:Intel® Iris Pro Graphics 580 (Skylake GT4e)

MediaSDK version: master branch

===============================================

Multi Transcoding Sample Version 8.4.27.

libva info: VA-API version 1.5.0
libva info: va_getDriverName() returns 0
libva info: User requested driver 'iHD'
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_5
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
Session 0:

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_MORE_DATA(-10), Init, pThreadPipeline->pPipeline->Init failed at /home/qzhu2/buildmedia/MediaSDK/samples/sample_multi_transcode/src/sample_multi_transcode.cpp:363

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_MORE_DATA(-10), main, transcode.Init failed at /home/qzhu2/buildmedia/MediaSDK/samples/sample_multi_transcode/src/sample_multi_transcode.cpp:974

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Qianying,

From the error message, it looks like your input bitstream not compatible, what is your input file?

Media SDK uses Elementary Stream bitstream as input.

Mark

0 Kudos
Qianying_Z_Intel
Employee

Thanks for your reply, Mark.

The input bitstream is found in the installation package, below is the path of it.

~/buildmedia/MediaSDK/__cmake/intel64.make.release/__bin/release$ ./sample_multi_transcode -i::h264 ~/buildmedia/MediaSDK/tests/content/test_stream.264 -o::h264 out.264

0 Kudos
Qianying_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Mark,

The issue is solved after I changed the input bitstream to you suggested format, thanks!

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Good to know you have solved the problem, our binary release always include test streams. I also noticed you can get it from GitHub of our open source release:

https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK/tree/master/tests

Mark

0 Kudos
vandanachadha
Novice

Hello Mark,

I have the same error, though at different lines in the code: Am using the same input file "test_stream.264" which is provided in the test/content folder.

/sample_multi_transcode -i::h264 ~/sample_videos/test_stream.264 -o::h264 out.264
Multi Transcoding Sample Version 8.4.27.0

libva info: VA-API version 1.10.0
libva info: User environment variable requested driver 'iHD'
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_10
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
Session 0:

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_MORE_DATA(-10), Init, pThreadPipeline->pPipeline->Init failed at /home/radiant/intel/MediaSDK/samples/sample_multi_transcode/src/sample_multi_transcode.cpp:454

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_MORE_DATA(-10), main, transcode.Init failed at /home/radiant/intel/MediaSDK/samples/sample_multi_transcode/src/sample_multi_transcode.cpp:1170

0 Kudos
vandanachadha
Novice

What finally worked for was to generate an elementary stream and then run it as follows:

gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=~/sample_videos/big_buck_bunny_720p_2mb.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! 'video/x-h264, stream-format=byte-stream' ! filesink location=~/sample_videos/elementary-bigbunny-file.h264
./sample_multi_transcode -i::h264 ~/sample_videos/elementary-bigbunny-file.h264 -o::h264 out.264

0 Kudos