Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

EVR and H.264 Decoder

sw_senda
Beginner

Hi,

I use Intel Media SDK 2014 for Clients at Windows 7 x64.
I have been developing a DirectShow Filter for decoding H.264 video referring Media SDK sample codes (MFX_IMPL_HARDWARE_ANY).
The filter was connected to an EVR filter by a graph builder.
When the graph starts, video datas run through Source->Demux->Decoder filters .
But, E_NOINTERFACE error is occurred in the output pin within the decoder filter.

The E_NOINTERFACE is caused by QueryInterface() request  from EVR.dll to the decoder output pin.

The requested UUID is {063608ad-af8f-4e13-97bc-0ef4dc6fb48f}.

This appearance is occurred only in the monitor connected to Intel Graphic port, but not nVidia graphics.

My Question is :
 + What is UUID {063608ad-af8f-4e13-97bc-0ef4dc6fb48f} ?

thanks.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

UUID stands for Universally Unique ID. In a managed environment, it is important that all hardware assests have a unique identifier so as to not have naming conflicts. This unique identifier is known as UUID.

Here is a article which provides in depth, which explain in depth and can help to resolve your issue - https://software.intel.com/en-us/Uniqueness-of-UUID.

Also, may I suggest updating your Intel Media SDK 2015 from https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-inde along with graphic drivers as we have many fixes in recent versions.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
sw_senda
Beginner

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I understood the meaning of 'UUID'.

But I want to know what meaning '{063608ad-af8f-4e13-97bc-0ef4dc6fb48f}'  is.

For exapmle, '{56a868a5-0ad4-11ce-b03a-0020af0ba770}' means IID_IQualityControl .

Regards.

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

I am checking internally with teams about meaning of  '{063608ad-af8f-4e13-97bc-0ef4dc6fb48f}' as the Interface GUID value is not associated with any of the plugin's for Direct show filter. 

Also I would like to inform, with new INDE MSDK 2015 update please consider dshow samples end of life, published as legacy samples but no longer supported. We donot encourage their use and they are still up just as a reference.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

I have few inputs on the GUID value - {063608ad-af8f-4e13-97bc-0ef4dc6fb48f}. This specific GUID value is specific to Microsoft GUID and not MSDK API. We suggest contacting and posting this question to Microsoft forum and the Win XP framework is very old please consider updating to Media foundation.

Thanks, 

0 Kudos