Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Encoding with MFX_IMPL_HARDWARE_ANY

Kayu_M_
Beginner
Hello.

I want to know conditions that can not be H.264 encoded with MFX_IMPL_HARDWARE_ANY.

I can not encode with the following specifications.

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299) (16299.rs3_release.170928-1534)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2637M
Display Devices
           Card name: Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000
      Driver Version: 9.17.10.4459

It is stated that the processor supports QSV.

There is no "Intel® Quick Sync Video H.264 Encoder MFT" in Media Foundation Transforms, is this related?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi There,

I think your CPU is Products formerly Sandy Bridge

It is not in the support list, please check release note, for following URL:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-sdk/documentation/system-requirements

You may want to upgrade HW.

Thanks,

Zachary

0 Kudos
Kayu_M_
Beginner
Hi Zachary,
Thank you for your reply.
I understood that the operating conditions of QSV are supported by the CPU and processor graphics must be enabled on the chipset.

Is CPU support right after Ivy Bridge?

In the site below, Intel® Quick Sync Video is set to "Yes", but should I refer here?

Whether or not "Intel® Quick Sync Video H.264 Encoder MFT" exists is not a condition?
0 Kudos