Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Error on running in Visual Studio Code

RAror6
New Contributor I

I am experiencing this error when running my program in visual studio code: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Community\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(231,5): er
ror MSB6006: "cmd.exe" exited with code 255. [C:\temp\Python\temp2\build\ZERO_CHECK.vcxproj]"

I also get the error: " Checking Build System
The input line is too long.
The syntax of the command is incorrect."

I have followed the steps in this link: https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/documentation/get-started-with-intel-oneapi-base-windows/top/run-a-sample-project-using-an-ide.html

Could I get please get some help with this? I have no idea why this is happening. The example I am running is oneVPL samples in the oneapi-cli

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RahulV_intel

Moving this thread to Intel Media SDK forum for better support.

0 Kudos
RAror6
New Contributor I

I tried running the code using the 'start without debugging' option and it works fine. This error only pops up when i run it using the command line.

The example I am running is the python_decode.

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi @RAror6 

I am assuming you are using Visual Studio 2019 here, Python support is new to Visual Studio, so I suggest to first check if it can debug a hello world Python sample to make sure the IDE is configured correctly.

Let me know if you further questions.

Mark

0 Kudos