Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Error while executing Sample_Decode for Screen capture

Chintan_M_
Beginner

I started learning Intel Media SDK a few weeks ago. But I don't seem to be getting a hang of it. I get the following error when I try to run a screen capture plugin:

IntelSWTools\Intel(R)_Media_SDK_2016.0.2\samples\_bin\x64>sample_decode.exe capture -w 400 -h 108 -p "22d62c07e672408fbb4cc20ed7a053e4" -o test1.yuv
plugin_loader.h :157 [INFO] Plugin was loaded from GUID

Return on error: error code -2, src\pipeline_decode.cpp 281

Return on error: error code 1,  src\sample_decode.cpp   501

plugin_loader.h :183 [INFO] MFXBaseUSER_UnLoad(session=0x0000000002868AC0), sts=0

I have tried reinstalling Intel Media SDK after clean boot and updating my drivers for Intel GPU. Generally, HP provides the drivers but for 15.40(Intel Core i5 4th gen) they didn't roll out an update. So I installed the Generic drivers from Intel's website.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Chintan,

I think you already solved this issue in the following post:

https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/610143

Do you think we can close this?

Mark

0 Kudos
Chintan_M_
Beginner

Yes, Mark, you can close this post. The issue was solved in the above-mentioned post.

~Chintan

0 Kudos