Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Error while executing the sample_full_transcode

Priyanka_G_
Beginner

Hello , 

I installed the INDE and and built the sample_full_transcode example . When I am running the generated executable with the given example commands it throws the following error :

C:\Users\Priyanka\Downloads>sample_full_transcode.exe  -i f.mp4 -o ss.mp4
pipeline_profile.cpp :169 [INFO] Track 0   : Video enabled
Output video bitrate is not found, default value of 2000Kbps will be used
pipeline_profile.cpp :164 [INFO] Track 1   : Audio enabled
pipeline_manager.cpp :88 [INFO] Input     : f.mp4
pipeline_manager.cpp :89 [INFO] NumTracks : 2
pipeline_manager.cpp :90 [INFO] Output    : ss.mp4
session_storage.cpp :47 [INFO] Audio library of specified version was not found
session_storage.cpp :70 [ERROR] pVideoSession->Init(m_impl, &m_ver), sts=-3
main.cpp :71 [ERROR] Exiting...

The input  f.mp4 is a normal song file(audio+video) .

Please it would be help if someone explain me this error and also provide the solution to overcome this error .

Thanks ,

Priyanka

0 Kudos
14 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi, 

To process audio from input container the sample uses Audio for windows plugin. Query status (-3) refers MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED. Please verify and install Audio for windows plugin which is available part of INDE ultimate/professional suite. If the audio library is not installed, you can specify -acodec:copy to copy audio without transcoding.

Also I would like to inform, with new INDE MSDK 2015 update please consider full transcode sample end of life, published as legacy samples but no longer supported. We do not encourage their use and they are still up just as a reference.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Priyanka_G_
Beginner

Hello , 

Thanks for the suggestion .

Can you tell me the way to check for the installation of the audio plugin for windows.

Thanks ,

Priyanka

0 Kudos
Priyanka_G_
Beginner

Hello , 

I checked with giving option -acodec:copy but still its giving me the same error :

C:\Users\Parag\Documents\Intel Media Samples 6.0.0.49\_bin\x64>sample_full_transcode.exe  -i f.mp4  -o out.mp4  -v:b 2000 -acodec:copy  -hw
pipeline_profile.cpp :169 [INFO] Track 0   : Video enabled
pipeline_profile.cpp :164 [INFO] Track 1   : Audio enabled
pipeline_manager.cpp :88 [INFO] Input     : f.mp4
pipeline_manager.cpp :89 [INFO] NumTracks : 2
pipeline_manager.cpp :90 [INFO] Output    : out.mp4
session_storage.cpp :47 [INFO] Audio library of specified version was not found
session_storage.cpp :70 [ERROR] pVideoSession->Init(m_impl, &m_ver), sts=-3
main.cpp :71 [ERROR] Exiting...

Please help me solving this issue .

Thanks 
Priyanka
0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

From the error above, looks like the sample is not able to find the Audio library installation path. Can you let me know the which version of INDE suite are you using?(Free or professional). Audio for windows is available only as part of INDE professional or ultimate suite.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Priyanka_G_
Beginner

Hello ,

I am using the trail version of the professional INDE suit.  But why it is searching for the audio libraries when I have used the option of the                

-acodec:copy ?

Thanks ,

Priyanka

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Even when Audio plugin is installed in correct path, and when -acodec:copy is used its weird that it is searching for audio library. This may be a bug with the sample. As I mentioned in my previous comment, the above sample is part of legacy and we do not encourage there usage as they are no longer supported and bugs are expected.

May I suggest if you are interested in using Audio for windows plugin to try with one our other samples? Depending on the usage scenario you can use sample_decode and they initialize audio plugin.  

Thanks, 

0 Kudos
Priyanka_G_
Beginner

Hello ,

Can you tell me the way to check for the audio plugin path ? This would help me in finding out the problem .

Thanks ,

Priyanka 

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

The audio software plugin are available in folder location: <media_audio>/bin/x64/libmfxaudioswXX.dll. If you are using 32 bit OS, lib files are available in win32 folder at same location.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Priyanka_G_
Beginner

Hello , 

I checked and i have the audio plugin installed correctly . So it seems there is bug in the sample_full_transcode example .

Thanks for the quick help .

Thanks, 

Priyanka 

0 Kudos
Priyanka_G_
Beginner

Hello ,

So now if I have to run the full transcoding process then which sample to use ?

Thanks ,

Priyanka

0 Kudos
Priyanka_G_
Beginner

Hello ,

I build the sample_multi_transcode and run the generated executables it is also giving me error .

I run     i::h264 f.h264 -async 10 -o::h264 output.h264 -n 100 -w 320 -h 240 

This gives me error -17 exiting .

Please tell me why now this is giving this error ?

Thanks 

Priyanka

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Can you please send me  a log from Analyzer <mediaSDK>/tools/analyzer. This will provide us complete information about your system. I ran the sample_multi_transcode from our latest version 6.0.0.49 and did not see this error on our side.

Also, after some deep dive into full transcode sample on our side, we were able to run usage scenario (mp4->mp4)  and did not see the same error as above. Can you please verify the following:

- There is FFmpeg version dependency(2.02) for full transcode sample, please check and verify if path is added to environment variable and the required dll's. Please refer to Media sample guide for download link.

- We verified using one of own sample.mp4 test file and didnot see the above error, it may also be related to test file you are using. Can you send us the test file. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Priyanka_G_
Beginner

Hello Harish

The attach media at the bottom of this page is not authorising  me to attach the media content . I checked the ffmpeg it is 2.02 version only and i had added its path to the environment variables as mention in the guide .

Thanks ,

Priyanka 

0 Kudos
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi,

Please send me the media file in a zip version using private message directly. Also, please attach the log from analyzer.exe from folder <mediaSDk>/tools/ analyzer, where log can provide us information on your system configuration. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos