Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Error with tkinter

RAror6
New Contributor I

Hello,

I am running the python simple decode example. I have python and tkinter, but tkinter has an older version (8.6.4 not 8.6.9) and hence I am getting a weird output.

Could I get some help figuring this error out? Also could someone tell me what their decoded video with post processing looks like? Just want to verify what is happening.

Thank you!! 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
RAror6
New Contributor I

Had to solve this by editing the python3.7\tcl\tcl8.6\init.tcl and python3.7\tcl\tk8.6\tk.tcl files to reflect the correct version.

Still getting the weird output though

View solution in original post

3 Replies
RAror6
New Contributor I

Also can we download tkinter on DevCloud? It says we cannot due to admin permissions. What do we do if we need to run decode operations on devcloud?

0 Kudos
RAror6
New Contributor I

Had to solve this by editing the python3.7\tcl\tcl8.6\init.tcl and python3.7\tcl\tk8.6\tk.tcl files to reflect the correct version.

Still getting the weird output though

Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Raror6,

Thanks so much for running and sent feedback to our previous release. Yes, we probably didn't isolate the test environment to user environment carefully and this would be your solution came from.

Unfortunately with the new Beta08 release, we have changed our spec so we removed the Python support now, we might consider adding it back in the future based on customer feedback.

For our latest Beta08 release, please check our landing page at:

https://software.intel.com/content/www/us/en/develop/tools/oneapi/base-toolkit.html

The new source code is at:

https://github.com/oneapi-src/oneVPL

Mark

0 Kudos