Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Exact requirements for HW supported H264 encoding

Rūdolfs_B_
Beginner

Hi,

I've seen a lot of posts regarding the topic of getting HW support for QSV and became a bit puzzled about it - i have a mac mini with i7 2620M CPU and Windows 8.1, the sys_analyzer.exe is showing that hardware acceleration is not supported so this means i'm basically as well off as running ffmpeg, right? I can't install any Intel Graphics drivers since i don't have an Intel HD GPU but an AMD one instead. So is the GPU a must have requirement and the QSV support in the CPU itself means nothing? Or am I able to get the acceleration support somehow?

Thanks in advance

Rudolfs Bundulis

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Yes, It is absolutely a "must have requirement" that both the Intel Processor Graphics and driver exist.  Your Apple Mac Mini does not have this.

0 Kudos