Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Exif data with MFT encoder

Vimal_T_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm interested in using the Media SDK's JPEG encoder in my MFT. One of the requirements that I have is that I need to embed EXIF-data along with the JPEG bitstream (JFIF). I checked the Media SDK's APIs and didn't see anything that would allow me to send EXIF-data in addition to the raw buffer for encoding. I'd like to know if it's possible for me to achieve the above using the Media SDK framework. 

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
>>...I checked the Media SDK's APIs and didn't see anything that would allow me to send EXIF-data in addition to the raw buffer >>for encoding. I'd like to know if it's possible for me to achieve the above using the Media SDK framework. Please take a look at: - Windows Media Format SDK ( version 11 ) or WMDM SDK ( I see that there is some support for EXIF format in the SDK ) and this is a function name for reference: ... SetGdiplusCodec( WMDM_FORMATCODE_IMAGE_EXIF, pImgCodecInfo[idxCodec].Clsid ); ... - DirectX SDK help files ( chm extension ) have some details for EXIF - GDI+ API has some support for EXIF format but be carefull since quality of implementation of EXIF format / standard in early versions of GDI+ API I would rate as poor
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Media SDK has no support for EXIF data handling, As Sergey suggested, please explore alternatives exposed by other components.

Regards,
Petter 

0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
Here are web-links: WMF SDK - msdn.microsoft.com/library/ms867224.aspx - new - go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=12054 - old and WMDM SDK - www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=A55B6B43-E24F-4EA3-A93E-40C0EC4F68E5 - old - www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=15434 - new ( samples only )
0 Kudos