Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

External Dependies

Anita_R_
Beginner
How do we include the files in external depndencies

What libraries are needed.
0 Kudos
9 Replies
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Couldyou add a few more details aboutwhat you're trying to do? Are you referring to one of the samples or your own project?

Regards,

Jeff
0 Kudos
Anita_R_
Beginner
There are samples in media sdk. I copied the sample_common folder, sample_encode folder, the lib, bin and include folders in a different folders. I have 32 bit windows 7 and VS 2010. When I build, I get the following errors.

1>------ Build started: Project: sample_common, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

1>Build started 7/15/2011 10:52:08 AM.

1>InitializeBuildStatus:

1> Touching "..\_build\Win32\Debug\obj\sample_common\sample_common.unsuccessfulbuild".

1>ClCompile:

1> All outputs are up-to-date.

1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(1151,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Intel\mediaTest\mediaTest\sample_common\..\_build\Win32\Debug\sample_common.lib) does not match the Library's OutputFile property value (C:\Intel\mediaTest\mediaTest\_build\Win32\Debug\lib\sample_common.lib). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Lib.OutputFile).

1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(1151,5): warning MSB8012: TargetPath(C:\Intel\mediaTest\mediaTest\sample_common\..\_build\Win32\Debug\sample_common.lib) does not match the Library's OutputFile property value (C:\Intel\mediaTest\mediaTest\lib\win32). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Lib.OutputFile).

1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(1152,5): warning MSB8012: TargetExt(.lib) does not match the Library's OutputFile property value (). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Lib.OutputFile).

1>C:\Program Files\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(1153,5): warning MSB8012: TargetName(sample_common) does not match the Library's OutputFile property value (win32). This may cause your project to build incorrectly. To correct this, please make sure that $(OutDir), $(TargetName) and $(TargetExt) property values match the value specified in %(Lib.OutputFile).

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file '..\_build\Win32\Debug\lib\sample_common.lib;..\lib\win32'

1>

1>Build FAILED.

1>

1>Time Elapsed 00:00:00.10

2>------ Build started: Project: sample_encode, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

2>Build started 7/15/2011 10:52:09 AM.

2>InitializeBuildStatus:

2> Touching "..\_build\Win32\Debug\objs\sample_encode_d\sample_encode.unsuccessfulbuild".

2>ClCompile:

2> sample_plugin.cpp

2> sample_encode.cpp

2> pipeline_user.cpp

2> pipeline_encode.cpp

2> Generating Code...

2>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libmfx.lib'

2>

2>Build FAILED.

2>

2>Time Elapsed 00:00:02.82

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Anita,

The error in the build above appears to be because the linker cannot find libmfx.lib. This is placed in the target directory, specified during install, under 'lib'.

The installation should provide everything you need. Have you tried these steps?

1. Start with a fresh install of Media SDK.
2. Copy the install directory (i.e. C:\Program Files\Intel\Media SDK\2.0.12.24071) to somewhere you have write privileges. Builds directly from theinstaller's targetdirectory will also work with some extra privilege elevations and warnings if this fits your preferences/policies.
3. Build one of the simpler samples first, such as encode or decode. These are expected to compile as is. Others, such as the DirectShow filters, may involve a few additional steps.

Please let us know if this works for you.

Regards,

Jeff

0 Kudos
Anita_R_
Beginner
Hello Jeff,

Sorry, I did not see the message.

I am downloading everything and I will give you feedback today.

Thanks, Anita
0 Kudos
Anita_R_
Beginner
Hello Jeff,

The installer was unable to set the DSHOW_BASECLASSES_PATH variable in the system environment. Please make sure you have sufficient permission and microsoft windows SDKupdate 6.1 for Microsoft Windows Vista is installed at the standard location.

I tried to download the windows SDK twice from the web and finally I downloaded the iso image. converted to a CD and tried to install. It errored. It was 32 bit and complained for 64 bit update.

I have E520 Lenov Laptop with 64 bit OS and windows 7.

Any input? This time there wont be any delay.

Thanks, Anita
0 Kudos
Anita_R_
Beginner

Hello Jeff,

Installed the 64 bit update for windows SDK from http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/1/0/F10113F5-B750-4969-A255-274341AC6BCE/GRMSDKX_EN_DVD.iso

Installed Intel Beta SDK 3.0

Copied the samples as mentioned by you.

The issue is it only compiles with VS2005 and VS2005 does not installs in this machine.

I cannot proceed. I need your suggestion.

Thanks, Anita

0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Anita,

The console samples (encode, decode, etc.) are known tobuildwith VS 2005, 2008 and 2010.You may need to convert the solution to your version of Visual Studio but otherwise they shouldwork in software modewith no additional dependencies. Are you seeing the same error as before or a different one?

The DSHOW_BASECLASSES_PATH message is relevant to the DirectShow plugin samples only.More information on setting this sample setup can be found in readme-dshow-plugins.rtf. If you installed Windows SDK to the default locations what you've set up so far may be sufficient.

I hope thishelps you proceed. It looks like you are close.

Jeff
0 Kudos
Anita_R_
Beginner
Hello Jeff,

Hello Jeff,

I finally solved the problem. These are the steps I had to do for LENOVA E520 with 64 bit Windows 7 OS:

1. Downloaded ISO image of Windows SDK update 6.1 64 bit vers from from http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/1/0/F10113F5-B750-4969-A255-274341AC6BCE/GRMSDKX_EN_DVD.iso and installed.

2. Downloaded intel 3.0 beta (Earlier versions were giving some other errors) and installed.

3. Copied all the directories under 3.0.442.32245.Beta3

4. Converted to VS2010 and compiled.

I had trouble for web install of Microsoft SDK and that needed an ISO download. The 32 bit Microsoft SDK did not install on 64 bit OS. I get 3 warnings asking to set /NODEFAULT other than that, it was ok.

Thanks a lot for your help.
Regards, Anita

0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee

I'm glad you got it working. Thanks for your feedback. It will help us as we continue to improve our documentation.

Jeff

0 Kudos