Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

FFmpeg with Intel Quick Sync

Ankush_W_
New Contributor I

Hi,i am working on a application where i need to use QuickSync for decoding and i came across this sample application that makes us of ffmpeg to demux the media and pass it to QuickSync. Now the problem i am facing is that the sample_decode(with ffmpeg integration) decodes the frames of a .mp4 file fine but the same for an .mts(cam recorded) files it gives green frames and pixelated green output. What possibly could be wrong with the decoding process?

Thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Ankush_W_
New Contributor I

hi Surbhi.

Thank you so much man. I tried it myself long ago, but didn't thot of it that way again.

And yes the problem in the sample is fixed, just some minor changes and its working beautifully.

The solution I figured out is that ReadNextFrame() returns a buffer close to the MaxLength rather then a single packet data.

Thanks a lot.

-Ankush

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ankush,

Thank you for the question.Can you please attach the cam recording you have so that I can try reproducing this and see what can be the possible problem.

-Surbhi

0 Kudos
Ankush_W_
New Contributor I

Hear is a file with which I am facing the same problem.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Ankush_W_
New Contributor I

Hi SURBHI.

The above file I added was a HD file and hence had to keep it short, but hears another file am facing the same problem with and its a SD file. Hope it will help.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ankush,

Thank you for the files. I checked with the team and came to know that this tutorial sample_decode-ffmpeg is only for mp4 and mpeg2 videos and has been tested only with that.  This sample is only used as a reference point, because of which it has never been updated for the latest Visual studio and ffmpeg version. 
However I have checked with your input by using ffmpeg and passing through the sample_decode tutorial present on the media solution portal page and didn't see any corruption. I would recommend you to demux with ffmpeg and then use Media SDK to decode. Also please check the resolution of the decoded output, sometimes YUV player (which assumes a different resolution) results into corrupted output.

Thanks,
-Surbhi

0 Kudos
Ankush_W_
New Contributor I

hi Surbhi.

Thank you so much man. I tried it myself long ago, but didn't thot of it that way again.

And yes the problem in the sample is fixed, just some minor changes and its working beautifully.

The solution I figured out is that ReadNextFrame() returns a buffer close to the MaxLength rather then a single packet data.

Thanks a lot.

-Ankush

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Ankush,

That's great that you have it working. With your solution I'm sure others can be benefitted!

-Surbhi

0 Kudos