Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Face Recognition using OpenCV and Visual Studio 2010

gopinath149
Beginner
Hi,

I am trying to learn how torecognizes face in images using OpenCV2.2, CMake 2.8.4 and Visual Studio 2010 professional.

I used the face detection code from the following site. http://opencv.willowgarage.com/wiki/FaceDetection
I implemented this code in Visual C++ and tried to build it in that process i got the following error message

FaceDetection.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _cvHaarDetectObjects referenced in function "void __cdecl detect_and_draw(struct _IplImage *)" (detect_and_draw@@YAXPAU_IplImage@@@Z)

C:\\Users\\Dell\\Documents\\Visual Studio 2010\\Projects\\FaceDetection\\Debug\\FaceDetection.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I posted this message in MSDN VC++ forum, i got a suggestion like i must install the SDK for OpenCV which is supported by intel.

Kindly clarify if i should installIntel Media SDK for my application and will it rectify my bug...

Thanks,
Gopinath.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
gthomaz
Beginner
Hello Gopinath!!

I think that we have a mistake here....
Intel Media SDK is not used for OpenCV. I think that people tryied to say to you install DirectShow SDK...

As Wikipedia say:

"Windows prerequisites

The BaseClasses from DirectShow SDK is required to build some camera input-related parts of OpenCV on Windows. This SDK is found in the Samples\Multimedia\DirectShow\BaseClasses subdirectory of the Microsoft Plataform SDK(or DirectX SDK 8.0 to 9.0c / DirectX Media SDK prior to 6.0), which must be built prior to the building of OpenCV."

I can't say that it will solve your problem, but I can say that installing Media SDK won't solve ;)

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
IDZ_A_Intel
Employee
Thanks for your reflection on this topic Guilherme.

I'm not aware of any OpenCV SDK from Intel. As Guilherme noted, you may be looking for the Microsoft SDK?

However, see below links for some information on the optional connection between OpenCV and the Intel IPP library. Are you perhaps trying to use IPP as part of your OpenCV build?
Thanks,
Petter
0 Kudos