Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Fail to load HEVC HW with Core i7 6700.

danielwang1971
Beginner

Hi,

My computer is Core i7 6700. with Intel HD Graphics 530 GPU.

I would like try to encode HEVC with hardware encoding.

As I know HEVC hardware encoding will be shipped with graphics driver  for Skylake processor.

I installed intel latest graphics driver (20.19.15.4331) but it fail to load HEVC plugin.

Do you have any idea?

Best regards,

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hi Daniel,

Please download and install latest driver(4352) on your machine from this link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25620/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen-

Please download the latest samples and following the description on this thread to run HEVC HW encoding: https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/593838. Let me know if you still see issues. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos
adeli__adel
Beginner

hi

i have asus ux501 vw with i7 6700hq processor . why my laptop can't play HEVC videos ? my driver are up to date

it is interesting that my smartphone with a not very powerfull cpu plays the HEVC videos

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Daniel,

My machine is similar to yours and it is i5-6440HQ with HD530. But the driver version is 25.20.100.6444, this should pretty new in Windows 10. I have no problem to deal with HEVC.

Could you clarify the OS version and driver version?

Also it would be help if you can post the command line you used and error message?

Mark

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Adel,

I am not sure if you are a normal user or a developer, in this forum, we are discussing Intel Media SDK for hardware acceleration. I am not sure your comment of "can't play" means.

If you are using a software player from third party, you have to consult with them for support.

If you do use Media SDK to develop software, please post in other post in the forum.

Mark

0 Kudos