Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Fails to encode with ROI in Intel Media SDK 20217 R1 For Windows

Hang_L_Intel
Employee

Hi,

I encountered one problem while using the mfxExtEncoderROI in the Media SDK, the problem is after the ROI information have been set, the Query() function failed with MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED, I wonder is this feature supported in my current development environment.

The Media SDK version I am using is: Intel Media SDK 2017 R1, the API version is 1.23.

I am using a NUC (https://www.amazon.com/Intel-NUC6i7KYK-Mini-i7-6770HQ-Windows/dp/B01FLDS5SO) with a i7-6770HQ CPU with Iris Pro Graphics 580. My OS is Windows 10 Enterprise 64Bit.

Some parts of the code are listed as follows:

m_mfxROI.NumROI = 1;
m_mfxROI.ROI[0].Left = 480;
m_mfxROI.ROI[0].Right = 1440;
m_mfxROI.ROI[0].Top = 270;
m_mfxROI.ROI[0].Bottom = 810;
m_mfxROI.ROI[0].Priority = -50; // CQP mode
m_EncExtParams.push_back((mfxExtBuffer*)&m_mfxROI);
the failed function is:
 sts = GetFirstEncoder()->Query(&m_mfxEncParams, &m_mfxEncParams);
 MSDK_CHECK_STATUS(sts, "Query (for encoder) failed");

I attached pipeline_encode.h and pipeline_encode.cpp which can be directly put to the sample_encode example solution in the latest Media SDK samples for Windows. 

0 Kudos
0 Replies