Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

False encoding in Skylake HEVC HW encoder

刚_隆_
Beginner

Hi,

I'm using INDE 2015.2.027 and Media Samples 6.0.0.68 to try HEVC hardware encoding, but the bitstream I got was totally wrong.

The environment:

Intel Core i5 6600K, and Windows 10 64-bit Home edition. The driver is latest win64_15407.4279.exe, which should be suitable to HD Graphics 530 in Skylake.

The command line is much like this:

sample_encode.exe h265 -hw -p 6fadc791a0c2eb479ab6dcd5ea9da347 -i test.yuv -o test.h265 -w 1920 -h 1080

I observed the result and found no error reported on the console during the execution. However, when I checked the bitstream, I found the decoded YUV is totally green and no meaningful content existing. I had tried several source videos and the results were the same.

I had referred to https://software.intel.com/en-us/forums/intel-media-sdk/topic/584141 but used latest driver which is different. So it seems that there's something wrong with current version of driver, could you please help this? Thanks!

p.s. as for previous version of driver, I tried that too and no success either (it would get hung).

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your system information. This is one of the known issues with current version of samples and not a driver issue. We are planning on samples update to fix these issues soon. For now as a workaround add "-d3d" to the command line and run sample_encode, that should fix the issue of green frames you see now. 

Thanks,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Harshdeep_B_Intel

Hello there,

Thank you for sharing your system information. This is one of the known issues with current version of samples and not a driver issue. We are planning on samples update to fix these issues soon. For now as a workaround add "-d3d" to the command line and run sample_encode, that should fix the issue of green frames you see now. 

Thanks,

0 Kudos