Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Fetching the reference frame from the encoder

e_dupuisateme_com
Greetings,
While using the encoding engine of the Intel Media Sdk, I would like to have access to the reconstructed frame (the encoder-generated decoded frame that will be used as a reference frame for future frames). This reconstructed frame is often quite useful, for example to compute PSNR metrics or to show the user a preview of the encoded video.
I have not found this possibility in the IntelMediaSdk 2.0, other than instanciating a decoding engine and forwarding all generated bitstream into this decoding engine. The problem with this approach is of course the huge performance cost.
Have I missed something ?
Regards
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Nina_K_Intel
Employee
Hello,

Unfortunately Media SDK API doesn't provide access to reconstructed frames. We can record this as a feature request for future Media SDK version, if you'd like.

Best regards,
Nina
0 Kudos
e_dupuisateme_com
It would be nice.
Thanks,
tienne
0 Kudos