Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Frame Synchronization of Multiple NUC Display Outputs

Tibet_M_
Beginner

Hardware: Intel® NUC NUC5i5MYHE/NUC5i5MYBE

Processor and graphics: i5-5300U and HD 5500

Our application, which is a display wall processor, requires synchronized display of display output so that there is no tearing in video when, for example, one source input is displayed on multiple display devices.

What synchronization tools is/are supported for synchronizing multiple Display Port outputs? For multiple display outputs of one NUC and multiple NUC devices' display outputs. I am looking for how we could do frame sync, frame lock and swap sync of multiple NUC display outputs. Is there something like frame synchronization using openGL Extensions that Nvidia provides? 

How do we perform the following operations Nvidia provides support for on the Intel NUC platform:

Frame Synchronizing actually involves two main processes:

Frame Sync—Synchronizing the displays to a common sync source

Frame Lock and Swap Sync—Synchronizing applications across multiple displays or windows

Frame Sync

Frame Sync is the process of synchronizing the pixel scanning of displays to an external synchronization source. When several systems are connected together, a sync signal is fed from a master system to the other systems in the network and the displays are synchronized with each other.

Frame Lock and Swap Sync

Proper synchronization of an application running on multiple displays involves the following two processes:

• Frame Lock

Frame lock involves the use of hardware to synchronize the frames on each display.

When an application is displayed across multiple monitors, frame locked systems help

maintain image continuity to create a virtual canvas. Frame lock is especially critical

for stereo viewing, where the left and right fields must be in sync across all displays.

As with frame sync, frame locking of several systems requires the systems be

connected together, with the sync signal fed from the master to the other systems in the

group. A network of frame locked systems can be synchronized by connecting the

master system to an external synchronization source.

• Swap Sync

Swap sync refers to the synchronization of buffer swaps of multiple application

windows. By means of swap sync, applications running on multiple systems can

synchronize the application buffer swaps between all the systems. Swap sync requires

that the systems are frame locked.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Sravanthi_K_Intel

Hi Tibet,

We are looking into possible solutions for what you are asking. These are out of the scope of Media SDK itself, so please give us some time to investigate. I have started an email thread with you on this and we can keep the conversation live there.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
David_P_6
Beginner

Hi Sravanthi, Tibet,

I have these exact same questions - Did you find any solutions?

Best,

0 Kudos