This does sound like a memory issue, but if it is working when framerate is <216.6 fps it may indicate a limitation in our code.
Iam curious, do you see a problem when encoding with either CBR or VBR rate control methods (instead of CQP)?
Based on some variables I recall from your previous question (about 172fps limit), I can imagine one CQP algorithm 'might' have a limit, though I need to look at this further.
To help me correctly replicate this, can you verify the following?
- Is this seen wen using command-line sample application? or are you using a media framework (like DirectShow?)
- What OS (Win7 64-bit or 32-bit)?
- If 64-bit OS, is application 64-bit or 32-bit?
(We've seen more memory issues with 32-bit applications)
- Is the behavior different when HW Encode is used (if you have a platform that contains Intel Quick Sync Video capability)?
- Can you provide your init parameters ?