Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Fresh installation of Intel Media SDK reports MFX_ERR_NULL_PTR(-2)

Geng__Penghe
Beginner

I am using Ubuntu 20.04 beta:

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	Ubuntu
Description:	Ubuntu Focal Fossa (development branch)
Release:	20.04
Codename:	focal

Running the example code from https://github.com/Intel-Media-SDK/MediaSDK/wiki/Intel-media-stack-on-Ubuntu gives me this error:

$ /usr/share/mfx/samples/sample_encode h264   -w 176 -h 144 -f 30 -cqp -qpi 30 -qpp 30 -qpb 30 -qsv-ff    -i AUD_MW_E.yuv -o encoded_AUD_MW_E.264

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_NULL_PTR(-2), Init, f pointer is NULL at /build/intel-mediasdk-UBsAHl/intel-mediasdk-20.1.0/samples/sample_common/src/sample_utils.cpp:142

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_NULL_PTR(-2), Init, m_FileReader.Init failed at /build/intel-mediasdk-UBsAHl/intel-mediasdk-20.1.0/samples/sample_encode/src/pipeline_encode.cpp:1654

[ERROR], sts=MFX_ERR_NULL_PTR(-2), main, pPipeline->Init failed at /build/intel-mediasdk-UBsAHl/intel-mediasdk-20.1.0/samples/sample_encode/src/sample_encode.cpp:1627

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Penghe,

Sorry for the late response.

From the log messages, it seems the input file has a problem and input file was missing. 

Could you double check?

Mark

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi Penghe,

Sorry for the late response.

From the log messages, it seems the input file has a problem and input file was missing. 

Could you double check?

Mark

0 Kudos
Geng__Penghe
Beginner

Hi Mark,

You are right. I tried it again and it works this time with the yuv file provided. Thanks a lot for the help!

Penghe

0 Kudos