Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

GPU Offloading & Usage

Varun_R_2
Beginner

Hi All,

I have some basic doubts (which may sound silly), please clarify: 

how we can say that, when we run sample applications (lets say multi_transcoding_drm), is running on/offloaded to GPU? I could see the following log messages while running the sample application:

Pipeline surfaces number: 14
MFX HARDWARE Session 16 API ver 1.16 parameters:  -->Is this telling that it is offloaded to GPU?
Input  video: AVC 
Output video: MPG2

I'm using Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC5i7RYH. Is there any special hardware chip which is doing video transcoding thing in this kit? 

Is there any CLI tool for calculating the GPU usage (something like top in linux)?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi There,

You are using Linux, right ?

For Linux, if you install MSS , you can find metrics_monitor under  /opt/intel/mediasdk/tools/, you can refer to metricsmon-man.pdf in doc folder.

Thank,

Zachary

0 Kudos
Varun_R_2
Beginner

Hi Zachary,

Thanks for the details. I could see the usage details using that command.

[root@localhost _bin]# ./metrics_monitor 

RENDER usage: 100.00,    VIDEO usage: 100.00,    VIDEO_E usage: 0.00    VIDEO2 usage: 100.00
RENDER usage: 100.00,    VIDEO usage: 100.00,    VIDEO_E usage: 0.00    VIDEO2 usage: 100.00
RENDER usage: 91.00,    VIDEO usage: 92.00,    VIDEO_E usage: 0.00    VIDEO2 usage: 92.00
RENDER usage: 75.76,    VIDEO usage: 74.75,    VIDEO_E usage: 0.00    VIDEO2 usage: 74.75
RENDER usage: 97.96,    VIDEO usage: 100.00,    VIDEO_E usage: 0.00    VIDEO2 usage: 100.00

0 Kudos