Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

GST Pipleline Description for Decoding, Scaling, and trans-formating H264 Video.

pmac_scw
Beginner

Hello,

I am having trouble using the vaapipostproc GStreamer plugin, and I could use help creating a pipeline description to solve my problem.

In this case the test file I am using is an H264 ES @720P and 20 FPS.

The following software only pipeline works well and uses about 24% of a CPU core:

"gst-launch-1.0 -vf filesrc location=./test.h264 ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=RGBA ! glimagesink"

This next pipeline works well and uses the vaapih264dec plugin for decoding. It consumes about 16% of a CPU core, and improvement of 33%, over the first pipleine:

"gst-launch-1.0 -vf filesrc location=./test.h264 ! h264parse ! vaapih264dec ! videoconvert ! video/x-raw,format=RGBA ! glimagesink"

I would like to use vaapipostproc instead of videoconvert, however the following pipeline does not work:

"gst-launch-1.0 -vf filesrc location=./test.h264 ! h264parse ! vaapih264dec ! vaapipostproc ! video/x-raw,format=RGBA ! glimagesink"

I have tried many variations of the pipeline using vaapipostproc, but none work.

Could you recommend a pipeline description for decoding, and trans-formatting using vaapi plugins? I need to output RGBA data to an appsink, and I am testing pipelines.

Here is the output from my vainfo:

libva info: VA-API version 1.8.0
libva info: Trying to open /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/dri/iHD_drv_video.so
libva info: Found init function __vaDriverInit_1_8
libva info: va_openDriver() returns 0
vainfo: VA-API version: 1.8 (libva 2.8.0)
vainfo: Driver version: Intel iHD driver for Intel(R) Gen Graphics - 20.2.0 ()

I am using ubuntu 20.10:

CPU: Quad Core 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 (-MT MCP-)
speed/min/max: 1275/400/4700 MHz Kernel: 5.8.0-48-generic x86_64 Up: 21h 05m
Mem: 2591.5/15709.0 MiB (16.5%) Storage: 953.87 GiB (2.2% used) Procs: 270
Shell: Bash inxi: 3.1.07

Thank you,

Paul

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
0 Replies