Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

H.264 Encoding Strange height

Martin_Vanputten
Beginner
Hi everyone, weird issue. I've been playing with the encoding parameters in directshow and I have set the profile to Main = 77 and the level = 3.2.

This is great... high bitrate should produce a pretty good mp4 file. However the file turns out only to be 66px in height. If I set the parameters to auto then I get the full 1080 height.

What can cause this? I'm using the latest 2012 media sdk. Thanks!

Cheers.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Martin_Vanputten
Beginner
Incase anybody else comes across weird height resolutions when encoding with specific parameters, setting the profile to auto and then manipulating the level and other parameters put the height back to 1080 with very high bitrates.

Cheers.
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Martin,

We tried to reproduce the scenario, resulting in wrong height for you, but could not. Did you modify the SDK 2012 encoder filter in any way that may cause this?

That said, for the case when using the SetParams interface to set profile or level etc., the sample code will ignore any specific parameter settings and instead use the parameters implied by the selected preset. If you want to override any of the presets just remove the last code line "CodecPreset::VParamsFromPreset..." from the function CopyEncoderToMFXParams in "mfx_video_enc_filter_utils.cpp".

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos