Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

H.264 decode support for Windows 7 using Direct3D11

Pascal_Binggeli
Beginner

Hello

I'm running the decode_sample using different H.264 streams on a Windows 7 computer (Intel HD Graphics 4000) and Windows 10 computer, using the latest graphic driver.

I've modified the sample to use the feature level to D3D_FEATURE_LEVEL_11_1 to get the VideoDevice interface from the d3d device.

I'm getting the error MFX_ERR_DEVICE_FAILED after a 3-4 calls to DecodeFrameAsync.

The sample works perfectly using Direct3D9 with the same input streams.

Is Direct3D11 supported on Windows 7 ? (Our company still needs to support this OS as our customer base is not planning to upgrade yet.)

Thanks for your support.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Ramashankar
New Contributor III

Hi Pascall,

Yes, Direct3D11 feature, which decode_sample requires, is not supported on Windows 7. It is supported from Windows 8 onwards.

On Windows 7, you can use either D3D9 memory or System memory for decode only purpose. If you want to do rendering also then use D3D9 only.

Thanks.

0 Kudos