Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

H.264 decoding corruption problem with Media SDK 2014 R2.

James_K_
Beginner

Dear all, 

I meet a video corruption problem during working Intel Media SDK for decoding streaming video(ES) from IP camera

The data  sequence is SPS(00 00 00 01 67)+PPS(00 00 00 01 68)+I-slice(00 00 00 01 65).... P P P P ... SPS+PPS+I-slice ... and so on. 

The first package we send to Intel DecodeFrameAsync() is SPS+PPS+I-slice and function returns bit-stream "offset" which points to head of PPS position(00 00 00 01 68). <--- We don't know why..

Then, in second round we call DecodeFrameAsync(), the bit-stream structure with offset is PPS(00 00 00 01 68)+I-slice(00 00 00 01 65).

I think that video corruption(block artifact) is caused by Intel decoder doesn't receive correct IDR slice for coming P slice reference. 

P.S. I've tried to move the bit-stream offset to head of I-slice in second round call DecodeFrameAsync() and problem is resolved. 

Please help me to figure out the root cause and give me some suggestions. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jeffrey_M_Intel1
Employee

Thanks for your report.  If there is any way that you could record an example stream with this behavior as a short file that would help us investigate.

0 Kudos