Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

H264 decoder MFX_ERR_MORE_DATA issue

Abdellatif_Khindouf1
Hi,

I have an issue using the mfx h264 decoder, after decoding the stream header using "MFXVideoDECODE_DecodeHeader" method, the decoder didn't output any surface and asked infinitely for more data when calling "MFXVideoDECODE_DecodeFrameAsync" method.

Do you have any explanation for this issue?

Best regards.
Abdellatif
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Abdellatif,

It's hard to tell what may be going on without knowing anything about the stream you are trying to decode.

Does DecodeHeader succeed, providing correct stream information?
Are you using sample_decode?

If you are still facing issues please share the stream you are trying to decode.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
Abdellatif_Khindouf1
Hi Petter,

Yes the DecodeHeader succeeded and we got the correct stream information, it's after calling DecodeFrameAsync several times that the decoder continue asking for more data.

We're using the directshow decoder filter sample, our input stream is a live H264 content demuxed with MainConcept demultiplexer.

Regards
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi,

The Media SDK sample filters has only been validated with a limited set of filters. The MainConcept filters are not part of the validation so there could be potential compatibility issues that may require changes to the sample code.

You may want to try dumping the elementary stream delivered from the demuxer to a file. This will enable you debug the issue using the Media SDK console samples and other stream analysis tools.
If you can, feel free to share the stream or container with us, so that we can take a look at it and provide feedback.

I also suggest exploring alternate demultiplexers to see if the result differs.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
Abdellatif_Khindouf1
Hi,

Thank you for your help, the problem was the low value of the stack size of the decoding thread (in my code) witch were equal to 4K by increasing this value to 64K I was able to decode my stream correctly.

Regards,
Abdellatif
0 Kudos