Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

H265 decoding fails in Media Server Studio 2016

Thushara_Jayakumar

Hi ,

I am using the Intel Media Server Studio 2016 installed in Apollo Lake platform running on Yocto Genevi baseline linux.

When I am trying to decode a h265 file using the sample_decode application using following command:

./sample_decode h265 -hw -i basketball_1080p_4mbps.h265 -o out.yuv -p 33a61c0b4c27454ca8d85dde757c6f8e

I am getting the following error:

Return on error: error code -3, /opt/intel/mediasdk/samples/sample_decode/src/pipeline_decode.cpp       258

Return on error: error code 1,  /opt/intel/mediasdk/samples/sample_decode/src/sample_decode.cpp 630

The m_mfxSession.InitEx is giving MFX_ERR_UNSUPPORTED error.

My plugins.cfg in /opt/intel/mediasdk/plugins/plugins.cfg  is as follows:

[HEVC_Decoder_33a61c0b4c27454ca8d85dde757c6f8e]
GUID = 33a61c0b4c27454ca8d85dde757c6f8e
PluginVersion = 1
APIVersion = 273
Path = /opt/intel/mediasdk/plugins/libmfx_hevcd_hw64.so
Type = 1
CodecID = HEVC
Default = 0

When I am trying to run in SW mode using following command:

./sample_decode h265 -sw -i basketball_1080p_4mbps.h265 -o out.yuv

I am getting error as follows:

Default plugin cannot be loaded (possibly you have to define plugin explicitly)

Return on error: error code -3, /opt/intel/mediasdk/samples/sample_decode/src/pipeline_decode.cpp       348

Return on error: error code 1,  /opt/intel/mediasdk/samples/sample_decode/src/sample_decode.cpp 630

I could not locate any libmfx_hevcd_sw64.so for SW  hevc plugin.

How can I enable hardware decoding support?

Also If I need the sw64 plugin for hevc where can I get it?

Regards

Thushara.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Markus_B_Intel
Employee

Hi,

just to let you all know - we solved the problem with Thushara by setting ENV variables ("LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME", "LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH") for libva and corresponding setting of the library-search-patch ENV variable "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" suitable for the used ApolloLake platform.

@Thushara, can you mark your question as SOLVED just to let everybody know, please?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Markus

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Thushara, 

Media Server Studio professional edition have software plugin and the package you must have received doesn't have hevc sw plugins in it.
Also, when using software plugin either mention -sw or -p <guid for sw> otherwise it can results in the similar error. 
Regarding hevc hw decode plugin error, I will get back to you soon. Need to consult APL team. Will contact you through email. 

Thanks,
Surbhi

0 Kudos
Markus_B_Intel
Employee

Hi,

just to let you all know - we solved the problem with Thushara by setting ENV variables ("LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME", "LIBVA_DRIVERS_PATH") for libva and corresponding setting of the library-search-patch ENV variable "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" suitable for the used ApolloLake platform.

@Thushara, can you mark your question as SOLVED just to let everybody know, please?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Markus

0 Kudos