Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

HEVC DXVA already shipping?!

rtfss1gmail_com
Beginner

Hi,

regarding HEVC support seems latest public 15.33.3412 driver enables DXVA support for HEVC_VLC_Main profile.. i.e. some form of HW accel even with EUs or something.. also incredible seems is shown on a Haswell system.. see:

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1519810/two-extraordinary-things-appeared-with...

so questions are:

*are this partial accel will be exposed also on Haswell system or is a bug of driver presenting this support?

*so is this support already working? I say that because seems there are no support for this profile form current DXVA players like MPHC or VLC.. any way to test if supported? I found QtAV which added support(?) in some months ago:

https://github.com/wang-bin/QtAV/commit/88de8dba3cf87c46a231c31f81a15d58...

+// HEVC
+DEFINE_GUID(DXVA_ModeHEVC_VLD_Main,                 0x5b11d51b, 0x2f4c, 0x4452, 0xbc, 0xc3, 0x9, 0xf2, 0xa1, 0x16, 0xc, 0xc0);
+DEFINE_GUID(DXVA_ModeHEVC_VLD_Main10,               0x107af0e0, 0xef1a, 0x4d19, 0xab, 0xa8, 0x67, 0xa1, 0x63, 0x7, 0x3d, 0x13);

Thanks..

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee

Hi,

The support in the driver is not fully validated and Intel will be careful to not expose the interface in the future, unless it is a validated feature.

0 Kudos
rtfss1gmail_com
Beginner

Hi,

thanks for answering.. Hope anyway Haswell platforms also are enabled with this hybrid decoding (partially EUs partially CPU) and not only Broadwell (altough it isn't officially supported, etc..) I also hope it isn't validated doesn't mean it isn't working for some HEVC contect..

Thanks..

0 Kudos