Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

HEVC QSV Licensing Options for ffmpeg (Linux or Windows)?

Daniel_K_2
Beginner

Hello!

I have a small non-commercial project that's been taking in real-time camera feeds into ffmpeg and using the H264_QSV plugin with great success to transcode the raw feeds into H.264 High@4.1 within an MPEG-TS.  I've recently acquired a STB which supports hardware HEVC decoding and have had success in it decoding the HEVC_QSV MPEG-TS stream from ffmpeg in real-time, but it is currently limited to 1000-frames due to licensing.  Other than "scripting" it to restart ffmpeg after 1000 frames, I'd thought I'd look into getting a proper license without the 1000-frames limit. :)

Any help on who to contact and what the pricing would be, would be greatly appreciated.  Only caveat is if the licensing ends up costing more than the price of a Maxwell-based NVIDIA Quadro without the two-encoder NVENC restriction, I may go that route even if I lose the ability to create HEVC with B-frames.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Jiandong_Z_Intel
Employee

Hi Daniel,

Yes, MSS evaluation version has frame limitation, It will no such limitation when you buy MSS professional edition.

You can find purchase information in https://software.intel.com/en-us/intel-media-server-studio/try-buy, you also find Contact Reseller*

in the URL.

Thanks,

Zachary

0 Kudos