Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

HEVC SW Encoder

GS
Beginner

Hi,

Since the Intel Media Server Studio seems to no longer be sold by Intel - does this mean that the HEVC Software encode plugin

mfxplugin64_hevce_sw.dll

can now be included in commercial products for unlimited distribution?

On the webpage https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-sdk it states

Note Intel® Media Server Studio is no longer available but you can access its features in other products:

However the redist.txt in the Intel Media SDK 2019 R1 still lists that dll as a Limited Distribution Redistributable:

List of Limited Distribution Redistributables:

Intel(R) Media Software Development Kit 2018 R2 - HEVC Encoder:
mfxplugin64_hevce_sw.dll
mfxplugin64_hevce_gacc.dll

If you would like to purchase licenses for use with computer systems that contain additional or unlimited processor sockets, or to distribute additional or unlimited copies of Your Product, please contact your Intel sales representative or reseller, or visit https://software.intel.com/en-us/media-server-studio-pro

Is it just that the redist.txt was not updated correctly for the 2019 R1 release and that there are no longer any limited distribution requiremetns for it ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mark_L_Intel1

Hi GS,

Thanks so much for bring this up, let me check it and get you back.

Just double check, are you only asking about Windows re-distro?

Mark

0 Kudos
GS
Beginner

Hi,

yes currently we only make Windows software so only asking about the Windows re-distro now - but in the next year or so we may be making linux versions so would be good to know for that for the future too. but Windows is the main priority now

Thanks

0 Kudos
GS
Beginner

Hi Mark,

Just checking to see if there was any new updates about this

Thanks for looking into it

0 Kudos
Mark_L_Intel1

Thanks for checking.

I didn't hear any updates yet, we started the process since my last post but no result yet.

Mark

0 Kudos
GS
Beginner

Hi Mark,

Thanks for checking this out - please let me know when you hear anything

Thanks

0 Kudos