Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

HEVC height adjustement in 1080

svutran
New Contributor I

Hi,

I am currently working with the sample_encode application to encode 1920x1080 videos in HEVC. There is currently 8 extra lines that are being added at the bottom of the video during encoding in order to have a height of a multiple of 16.

In HEVC, there is supposed to be a way to also have a height of a multiple of 8. Is there a way to enable this and to not have extra lines added at the bottom of the frame?

Thanks

0 Kudos
5 Replies
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Intel Communities. We have tried the sample_encode demo with a couple of videos with different resolutions & observed that the resolution of a video is increased by few lines to make it a multiple of 16. We are working on this internally to check if it is possible to have a resolution which is a multiple of 8. We'll get back to you with an update.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
Dmitry_E_Intel
Employee

Hi @svutran ,

Please use PicWidthInLumaSamples and PicHeightInLumaSamples  to specify coded picture size.

Regards,

Dmitry

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Has the solution provided helped? Could you please give us an update regarding this issue?

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos
svutran
New Contributor I

We used instead -lowpower:on option on the sample_encode and no extra lines were added. It works.

0 Kudos
AlekhyaV_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. Thanks for sharing the solution with us. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Regards,

Alekhya

0 Kudos