Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

HEVC transcode benchmark

Ingvar_P_
Beginner

Hello,

I'd like to ask a question about  benchmarking process. On the IBC show in Amsterdam Intel demonstrated live transcode of 4K AVC source into HEVC with 90fps. When using sample_multi_transcode tool with -u 7 settings the best results I've got was ~56FPS transcoding 25Mbps 4k AVC into HEVC elementary stream. I ran this test on intel NUC NUC6I7KYK I7-6770HQ using linux version of the SDK. Could you please describe your benchmarking process, what samples and hardware did you use? 

Thanks, 

Ingvar

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Anna_B_Intel
Employee

Hi Ingvar,

You're right, we demonstrated 4K AVC to HEVC transcoding with 90fps at IBC. I see one difference from what you described: we used HPE moonshot m710x powered by Intel Xeon 1585 v5 Server.

Best wishes,

Anna

0 Kudos