Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3056 Discussions

HW Encoding is likely to use only one core on CPU...

PiRoGrammer
Beginner
Hello,

I'm using MSDK for 16-channel multi-decoder on a digital video recoder. (image size = 720 x 480)

However, there is a problem.
The performance is very good, only if my CPU is used for 16-channel multi-decoder without else tasks.

40583-CPU_usage.jpg

I noticed thatthe CPU use only one core on HW encoding.

In this situation, the problem is that if any program begins to use first core, the performance of HW encoder decreases dramatically(over 30%).

I want to use the performance of theIntel Media SDK fully.
I think that if the overloads of one core is distributed into else CPUs, there is no problem.
Please let me knowany solution.

Thnaks,
kmjlove130
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi kmjlove130,

If you are using HW decode then I'm very surprised to hear that your CPU is heavily utilized. I suspect the reason is due to CPU specific activities not related to HW decode, such as surface copies between system memory and graphics memory, color space conversion etc?

Can you explain a bit more what your pipeline looks like?

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos