Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.

Hardware Acceleration does not work

Robert_K_1
Beginner

Hi,

I've just bought a new system and I am trying to enable the hardware accelaration for video decoding and encoding, but it doesn't work. When I start sys_analyzer.exe from Intel Media SDK (2012 R3) I get the following message:

Intel Media SDK System Analyzer (32 bit)

The following versions of Media SDK API are supported by platform/driver:

Version Target Supported Dec Enc
1.0 HW No
1.0 SW Yes X X
1.1 HW No
1.1 SW Yes X X
1.3 HW No
1.3 SW Yes X X
1.4 HW No
1.4 SW Yes X X

Graphics Devices:
Name Version State
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 9.17.10.2875 Active

System info:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz
Arch: 32-bit

Troubleshooting Tips:
HW target does not work:
- Make sure your system supports HW acceleration, install latest Intel
gfx driver and make sure that Intel gfx is selected as primary driver
- Multi Monitor setup: If Intel driver is associated with secondary adapter,
make sure to initialize DirectX device used with Media SDK with
corresponding adapter
- Switchable gfx setup: Make sure that Intel is selected as primary device
If possible also add applicaton to Intel gfx device affinity list
(for more information about Multi Monitor or Switchable gfx please refer to
the Media SDK manual and the Media SDK Developers Guide)

My motherboard is Asus Maximus V Gene with Intel Z77 chipset and my CPU is Intel Core i7-3770K. I use the motherboard's DisplayPort output. My OS is Win7 (32 bits) and I use the latest Intel Graphics Driver. My question is: should I activate somewhere this feature? Any chance to activate it with this mb?

Thanks in advance for any advice. Robert.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Anthony_P_Intel
Employee
Hi Robert, The OS you are using "Windows 7 N" does not include the same media components as other "Windows 7" OS. While users can download the Microsoft media components here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=16546, the Intel Graphics drivers do not install support for MediaSDK API on this OS. -Tony
0 Kudos
Robert_K_1
Beginner
Hi Tony, thank you for your reply. I reinstalled my Windows (Windows 7 Ultimate), and it works now. I'd tried to install that SDK but it didn't help. So the solution is to keep away from Windows 7 N if you want to use the Intel Media SDK. Best regards, Robert.
0 Kudos