Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Hardware Acceleration on system with NVIDIA + HD4000

Sarbjit_S_
Beginner

Hi,

I have intel i7 3770K processor which has in built HD4000 graphics card. I also have a NVIDIA graphics card GTX650 Ti. I want to use intel media sdk to encode videos to H264 format. The problem is that the software encoder is taking too much CPU and intel media sdk cannot find the hardware acce;eration capability.

I ran system analyzer and its showing that hardware based encoding is not available. My question is that how can I tell media SDK to use the HD4000 graphics card for hardware acceleration. I am using version "Media SDK 2014 R2 for Clients" of media SDK.

I tried using Virtu MVP 2.0 (a third party) software to force my application to use intel graphics card after which I was able to use hardware acceleration. But I am looking for a solution which can enable me to use media sdk and set the preferred GPU for processing without using any third party solution.

Thanks,

Sarbjit

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

Hi Sarabjit,

There is detailed Information about multiple adapters in the developer's guide section 4.18 Handling Multiple Graphics Adapters. You can use MFXQueryIMPL() to get the information that which device contains hardware accelerations. Also, if you are using windows 7 then you need to have physical monitor attached to Intel graphics device to make sure the device is active, which can be checked through sys analyzer. 

However it is also important that you should have the most recent Intel graphics driver installed on your system. which can be downloaded from downloadcenter.intel.com. Please let us know if this help.

Thanks,
-Surbhi

0 Kudos
Sarbjit_S_
Beginner

Thank you Surbhi, I got it to work.

0 Kudos
Surbhi_M_Intel
Employee

That's good to know that you got it working. Feel free to share the solution(method) so that others can get benefit of it!

Thanks,
-Surbhi

0 Kudos