Media (Intel® Video Processing Library, Intel Media SDK)
Access community support with transcoding, decoding, and encoding in applications using media tools like Intel® oneAPI Video Processing Library and Intel® Media SDK
Announcements
The Intel Media SDK project is no longer active. For continued support and access to new features, Intel Media SDK users are encouraged to read the transition guide on upgrading from Intel® Media SDK to Intel® Video Processing Library (VPL), and to move to VPL as soon as possible.
For more information, see the VPL website.
3058 Discussions

Hardware acceleration decode in Atom D2550(GMA3650)

chienwen0128
Beginner
Hi All,
Our company is about security(DVR/NVR/IP camera...).We want to use GMA 3650to decode h264 video through Atom D2550 CPU.I have already study this topic three months,but I only find a few information about it.My question is as below
(1)Is this Atom D2550 CPU really can use hardware decode?What is the performance?
(2)Can I use Media SDK to develope in Atom CPU?What time Intel can support it?
(3)Is this Atom CPU support DXVA2 tohardware decode H264 video?Where can I find any support or sample code?
(4)Could OpenGL hardware decode h264 video through Atom D2550?Where can I find any support or sample code?
Im very appreciate if you can answer my question.Thank you very much.
Best Regards,
Wayne
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Wayne,

This is beyond the scope of Media SDK but I'll try to give some recommendations.

First, I'm assuming you do not want to implement DXVA decoder from scratch (heavy lifting), so you can for instance explore the Microsoft provided DirectShow and Media Foundation decoder filters part of Win7 OS.
There are also many other alternatives when it comes to DirectShow. Search the web...

Regards,
Petter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Wayne,

I'm pretty sure GMA3650 does support H.264 decode via DXVA. But if you need details I suggest you ask on Intel graphics driver forum.http://communities.intel.com/community/tech/graphics

Intel Media SDK currently does not support HW acceleration on Atom platforms. However Media SDK SW codecs can still be used is needed.

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
chienwen0128
Beginner
Hi Petter,
My boss ask me to create h264 HW acceleration decoder in order to implement H264 stream decode(not play file),so I need to write our code to do it.I really find many ways to solve it,but have not any result now.Can you give me some suggestion?Thank you very much.
Best Regards,
Wayne
0 Kudos
Petter_L_Intel
Employee
Hi Wayne,

This is beyond the scope of Media SDK but I'll try to give some recommendations.

First, I'm assuming you do not want to implement DXVA decoder from scratch (heavy lifting), so you can for instance explore the Microsoft provided DirectShow and Media Foundation decoder filters part of Win7 OS.
There are also many other alternatives when it comes to DirectShow. Search the web...

Regards,
Petter
0 Kudos
amirulsyahmi
Beginner
Hi
Just my suggestion..you may use gstreamer vaapih264 HW acceleration decoder or using Mplayer vaapi toimplement H264 stream decode. Corect me if I wrong.
Thanks
Syahmi
0 Kudos